Formal agreements are now in place with Hubs in Aberdeen (Scottish Saltires) and in Stirling to deliver an agreed programme of events through the year, while discussions are at an advanced stage with two further Hubs to come on track in the next few months.
It is hoped that the activities within each Hub will serve to help grow and support the sport and lead to further expansion of the network of Hubs in the future.
The programme in Aberdeen for 2017 – 2018 features:
• Weekly swimming sessions (Tuesdays) coached by trained coaches
• Weekly laser and Fencing sessions (Fridays) utilising qualified fencing coaches
• Runs regular Biathlon competitions, for beginners and those familiar with the disciplines
• Stages a number of Laser / Run events
• Hosting a Biathlon qualifier (for Scottish Championships ) in November 2017
• Identification, for possible purchase, of new equipment for the Hub and possible loan to athletes for training and competition purposes
Contact Trish Prise (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
And for Stirling, the programme, based at the University of Stirling, will feature:
• Weekly Laser, Fencing and Conditioning sessions, ideally as a single combined delivery along with swimming and running. Duration around 4 hours
• Biathle training sessions, leading to a Biathle competition
• Biathlon competitions, for beginners and those familiar with the disciplines
• Deliver a winter Laser / Run series (Combined Event)
• Host a Modern Tetrathlon Training event, as preparation for the Scottish Championships
• Host a Laser Training Course for Coaches, attracting local volunteers as new Coaches
Contact Billy Mitchell (email: email@example.com)
The Board of Scottish Pentathlon is pleased to advise that the Governing Body has recently achieved Foundation Level of the Equality Standard.
This followed an in depth assessment of policies and procedures across the organisation and the sport, which identified the following strengths:
The Board and Chair are committed to the principles of equality and to ensuring that the sport is open and accessible to all
Scottish Pentathlon has fully embraced the Equality Standard and worked diligently to meet the criteria, putting in place an up to date Equality Policy
Equality training has been delivered to all Board and staff members as part of the SGB’s away day annual event
The SGB are clear about their focus areas for equality and are realistic in terms of what is feasible to deliver within the budget available
Scottish Pentathlon will continue to ensure Equality is embedded across the sport and:
Ensure that the Equality Policy is dated and annually reviewed
Ensure that the SGB continues to communicate its commitment to equality to clubs and retain equality as an agenda item on all future Board meetings
Consider how greater diversity at Board level can be achieved going forward
Consider how activities can be made more accessible through the club hubs going forward
- SCOTTISH TETRATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS (11/16/2016) - TRAINING AND COMPETITION WEEKEND – 19 & 20 NOVEMBER 2016 Saturday’s training day will remain at Kilgraston but the competition on Sunday will move 3 miles down the road to Strathallan School. Registration for the competition will be in the school reception and if athletes could please arrive between 11am and 11.30am for the introduction […]
- SCOTTISH TETRATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS (11/3/2016) - SCOTTISH TETRATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS Sunday 20th November 2016 at Kilgraston School, Perthshire. (Swim/Fence/Shoot/Run) all shooting will be laser. Participants will be able to borrow equipment on the day if required. Age Groups : U13/U15/U17/U19/Junior/Senior (age as of 31st December 2016) If you do not wish to compete in the full Tetrathlon then you can enter as […]
- Development Squad training this weekend in Aberdeen (9/8/2016) - The Scottish Pentathlon Coach will be delivering a weekend of specific training for the Development Squad at the Scottish Saltires Modern Petnathlon Club in Aberdeen this weekend. Full details have been communicated to the athletes. Anyone with any queries should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch Kate French & Samantha Murray live in Rio today (8/19/2016) - Kate French and Samantha Murray will be looking to finish in the medal positions today in Rio in the Modern Pentathlon. You can watch live coverage on the BBC One, BBC Red Button or the BBC Sport website from 15.50 today. Don’t miss it! Joe Choong and Jamie Cooke will compete tomorrow.
- Day Two at Official Team GB Live FanZone, Glasgow is underway (8/18/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon are hosting laser pistol at the Team GB Live FanZone in Merchant Square, Glasgow from 12pm – 4pm today. Come along and try one of the FIVE Modern Pentathlon disciplines and receive expert tuition and guidance from a fully qualified coach.
- Official Team GB Live FanZone, Glasgow almost ready to go! (8/17/2016) - Set-up almost complete and Laser-Shoot nearly ready to go at Scottish Pentathlon’s Team GB Live FanZone, Merchant Square, Glasgow.
- The Official Team GB FanZone – Glasgow (8/10/2016) - Come on down to the Official Team GB FanZone in Glasgow this summer to watch live coverage of the Olympic Games from Rio on the big screen and have a go at Pentathlon sports laser-pistol and run combined. The Official Team GB FanZone in Glasgow will be a fantastic place to experience all of the […]
- Dunfermline Combat Triathlon – Just One Day Left to Enter (6/30/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon will be holding a Combat Triathlon event at the Queen Anne High School, Dunfermline on Saturday 2 July 2016. The focus of this event is to promote modern pentathlon activities in the area, to raise awareness of the new West Fife Fencing Club facility (expected to open in August 2016) where a new […]
- Pentathlon Taster Day at Strathallan School – 27.06.16 (6/30/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon, in partnership with Strathallan School recently delivered a pentathlon taster day of fencing laser-pistol shooting/running (combined) for circa 90 pupils from the Strathallan School in Forgandenny, Perthshire. The Scottish Pentathlon Development Coach Sam Sanderson delivered the laser-pistol and running sessions, whilst the fencing was delivered by Scottish Fencing’s and St. Andrews University Fencing […]
- Gold for Olivia Burns – As Scottish Athletes sizzle in Solihull (6/29/2016) - Scottish Development Coach Sam Sanderson accompanied five Scottish Pentathlon Development Squad athletes to the British National Pentathlon Championships in Solihull, Birmingham on Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th June. The five athletes that took part were; Ryan Gauld (Millfield School), Lewis Khan (Scottish Saltires), Olivia Burns (Scottish Saltires), Daisy Foniciello (Scottish Saltires) and On Yee Orbell […]
- Scottish Pentathlon Squad at 2016 British Pentathlon Championships (6/24/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon will have six Development Squad athletes competing this weekend (Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th) at the British Modern Pentathlon Championships in Solihull, Birmingham. The Development Squad athletes competing are: On Yee Orbell Ryan Gauld Lewis Khan Isabella McQuaker-Kajiwara Olivia Burns Daisy Foniciello All will be competing in Laser apart from Olivia who will […]
- Just three days left to enter the Dunfermline Combat Triathlon – 02.07.16 (6/3/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon will be holding a Combat Triathlon event at the Queen Anne High School, Dunfermline on Saturday 2 July 2016. The focus of this event is to promote modern pentathlon activities in the area, to raise awareness of the new West Fife Fencing Club facility (expected to open in August 2016) where a new […]
- Silver in Women’s World Cup Relay for Muir and Murray (5/25/2016) - Scotland’s Joanna Muir (Castle Douglas) and England’s Samantha Murray (Lancashire) both put in outstanding performances for Pentathlon GB, to finish in second place in the Women’s Relay on day one at the UIPM World Cup in Moscow. A fantastic achievement against very strong competition, including the hosts, Russia, who finished in fourth place. Considering this […]
- Britain’s Jamie Cooke wins Gold in Florida World Cup Final (5/10/2016) - Pentathlon GB’s Jamie Cooke has followed up his impressive gold in World Cup #4 in Hungary, by becoming the first British man to take the gold in the UIPM World Cup Final, which took place in Sarasota, Florida, 6-8 May 2016. Well done Jamie! Another fantastic achievement. To read the full report from the Pentathlon […]
- Freyja Prentice manages an impressive 6th place finish in World Cup Final (5/10/2016) - Pentathlon GB’s Freyja Prentice put in a solid performance at the UIPM World Cup Final in Sarasota, Florida at the weekend to finish in sixth place. To read the full report from the Pentathlon GB website, click the link below: Freyja Prentice World Cup Final Report
- St Andrews University Combat Triathlon is a huge success (4/28/2016) - St Andrews Fencing Club and the Scottish Saltires Modern Pentathlon Club delivered the first ever Combat Triathlon (Fence, Run/Shoot combined) at the St Andrews University Sports Centre on Sunday 24 April 2016. The event saw nine athletes from fencing and modern pentathlon compete against each other in the fencing round in the morning, followed by […]
- Scotland’s Ryan Gauld competes at National Triathlon Championships (4/28/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon Development Squad athlete, Ryan Gauld competed for Millfield School at the British National Triathlon Championships in Solihull, Birmingham on Sunday 24th April. Ryan gave a solid performance throughout and managed a final placing of 18th in his Under-17 Boys category at this National event. Well done Ryan!
- St. Andrews University Combat Triathlon report (4/26/2016) - St Andrews University Fencing Club hosted their first ever combat triathlon (fence, run/shoot combined) on Sunday 24th April, in partnership with the Scottish Saltires Modern Pentathlon Club and Scottish Pentathlon. Click the link below to view the event report and photos: Combat triathlon report
- Scottish Pentathlon Child Protection Page (3/29/2016) - Working in partnership with Children 1st, Scottish Pentathlon has developed a new Child Protection page on our website, which provides details of our appointed Child Protection Officer, the Scottish Pentathlon Child Protection Policy, as well as guidance and supporting procedures for our members. The Child Protection page can be viewed by clicking on the ‘Child […]
- Development Squad Training – Session 3 (3/24/2016) - This Sunday 30th March will see the third of three initial Scottish Development Squad training sessions take place at Kilgraston School, Perthshire. The all-day session will see the athletes take part in Running, Swimming, Shooting and Fencing, whilst being instructed and closely watched by the Scottish Pentathlon Development Coach. Athletes continued to show progression on […]
- St. Andrews University Combat Biathlon entries now open! (3/18/2016) - St. Andrews University Fencing Club in partnership with the Scottish Saltires Modern Pentathlon Club and Scottish Pentathlon will be holding a Combat Biathlon on Sunday 24 April 2016. General details are listed below; Where: St Andrews University What: Combat Biathlon Team Relay – Fence, Combined Event Laser Shoot/Run When: Sunday 24th April 2016 Who: **Teams […]
- Freyja Prentice returns from injury (3/8/2016) - Scotland’s Freyja Prentice is relishing her return from injury for the modern pentathlon Rio 2016 test event this week for Pentathlon GB. Click link to view article from Pentathlon GB website; Freyja Prentice return from injury
- Scottish Athletes represent Great Britain in Cairo World Cup (2/25/2016) - This year has just seen the start of the World cup season in the run up to the Rio Olympic Games 2016. World cup 1 is underway in Cairo Egypt with two Scottish Pentathletes (Jo Muir and Eilidh Prise) competing in the Qualification rounds of the Competition. Budapest International bronze medallist Joanna Muir came heartbreakingly […]
- Scottish Pentathlon Development Squad – Training Report (2/25/2016) - On Sunday 21 February, Scottish Pentathlon delivered the second of three initially planned Development Squad sessions for our aspiring athletes at Kilgraston School in Perthsire. The day consisted of training and drills in fencing, swimming, shooting (laser) and running and was attended by eight budding athletes. The all-day session was planned and delivered by the […]
- Scottish Pentathlon Development Squad training (2/19/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon is delighted to announce that this Sunday (21st February) our Development Coach, Sam Sanderson will deliver the second Development Squad training day at Kilgraston School, Perthshire. Athletes should arrive in time for a 9.30am start with a view to finishing at 4.00pm. During the day athletes will take part in training for swimming, […]
- Scottish Saltires MPC Biathlon – 6 March 2016 (1/14/2016) - The Scottish Saltires Modern Pentathlon Club will be holding a Biathlon competition at Aberdeen International School, Aberdeen on Sunday 6th March 2016. Full event and contact details are listed on the entry form, which can be accessed by clicking the link below; SSMPC Biathlon entry form 6.3.16
- Scottish Pentathlon appoint new Development Coach (1/5/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon is delighted to announce the appointment of our new Development Coach Sam Sanderson. Sam is a former international Pentathlete who represented Great Britain at European and World level. When Sam finished competing 2009, he set up his own coaching company and has since developed and grown his skills in Pentathlon coaching. Since 2010 […]
- Happy New Year from Scottish Pentathlon! (1/1/2016) - Scottish Pentathlon wishes everyone all the best for the year ahead and good luck to all those competing for Pentathlon GB at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
- Scottish Pentathlon Staff & Board Away Day – 27 & 28 November (12/1/2015) - Scottish Pentathlon recently held its first ever Staff & Board away day at the stunning Glenmore Lodge in Aviemore. The purpose of the away day was to get all Scottish Pentathlon staff and board members together to discuss the progress of the organisation to date, to look at the future planning strategy and discuss how […]
- Event – Friday 18th December – Swimming & Ride Training (11/16/2015) - Riding and Swimming Training – Friday 18th December, Couper, Fife. The focus in this riding session is not trying to replace or copy anyone’s usual riding training but to give tips on what to do getting on a strange horse, how to manage your 15 minute warm up with 4 warm up jumps. Also, how […]
- Scottish Saltires Modern Pentathlon Club Biathlon – 4th October 2015 (9/30/2015) - Please click the link below to view the timetables and event information: SSMPC Biathlon – 04.10.15 – Timetable & Notes
- Introducing Scottish Pentathlon – The Governing Body for the Sport in Scotland (4/22/2014) - We are the new governing body for Modern Pentathlon in Scotland working in partnership with Pentathlon Great Britain (PGB), sportscotland and the Scottish Saltires. To be keep updated please visit the website and check out our facebook page; ‘Scottish Pentathlon’ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scottish-Pentathlon/940298076011021?ref=br_tf